Calling Plumber APIs from PHP#
To call APIs hosted in RStudio Connect from PHP, you'll need:
- URL for the API endpoint hosted on RStudio Connect
- API key (if your API requires authorization)
You can use the
cURL extension in PHP to call Plumber APIs from PHP
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <?php $connect_api_url = "https://connect.yourcompany.com/rest-api/route"; $connect_api_key = "YfB5XBRB7slkkBSEi5qr93mWJvbpXQQy"; $curl = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $connect_api_url); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array( "Authorization: Key " . $connect_api_key )); $result = curl_exec($curl); curl_close($curl); echo $result; ?> </body> </html>
You can replace the values of
your API URL and API key from RStudio Connect.
The code examples assume that you are calling a published API in RStudio Connect that is:
- Hosted on a secure server with TLS/SSL at an HTTPS endpoint
- Using an API key to make an authorized call to an API
- Making an HTTP GET request to the API
If your use case is different, then you can modify the example code accordingly.