You can use Python with RStudio professional products to develop and publish interactive applications with Shiny, Dash, Streamlit, or Bokeh; reports with R Markdown or Jupyter Notebooks; and REST APIs with Plumber or Flask.
For an overview of how RStudio helps support Data Science teams using R & Python together, see R & Python: A Love Story.
For more information on administrator workflows for configuring RStudio with Python and Jupyter, refer to the resources on configuring Python with RStudio.
Developing with Python #
Data scientists and analysts can:
- Work with the RStudio IDE, Jupyter Notebook, JupyterLab, or VS Code editors from RStudio Server Pro
Want to learn more about RStudio Server Pro and Python? #
For more information on integrating RStudio Server Pro with Python, refer to the resources on configuring Python with RStudio.
Publishing Python Content #
Data scientists and analysts can publish Python content to RStudio Connect by:
- Publishing Jupyter Notebooks that can be scheduled and emailed as reports
- Publishing Flask applications and APIs
- Publishing Dash applications
- Publishing Streamlit applications
- Publishing Bokeh applications
Ready to publish Jupyter Notebooks to RStudio Connect? #
View the user documentation for publishing Jupyter Notebooks to RStudio Connect
Ready to share interactive Python content on RStudio Connect? #
Learn more about publishing Dash or Flask applications and APIs.
Publishing Python and R Content #
Data scientists and analysts can publish mixed Python and R content to RStudio Connect by:
- Publishing Shiny applications that call Python scripts
- Publishing R Markdown reports that call Python scripts
- Publishing Plumber APIs that call Python scripts
View the user documentation for publishing content that uses Python and R to RStudio Connect
Cheat sheet for using Python with R and reticulate
Managing Python Packages #
Additional Resources #
Want to learn more about RStudio Connect and Python? #
Frequently asked questions for using Python with RStudio Connect
Want to see examples of using Python with RStudio? #
View examples of content published to RStudio Connect with Jupyter Notebooks, Shiny, R Markdown, and Plumber
View code examples on GitHub of Using Python with RStudio
View examples of Flask APIs published to RStudio Connect