- RStudio Professional Drivers - RStudio Workbench (formerly RStudio Server Pro), RStudio Desktop Pro, RStudio Connect, or Shiny Server Pro users can download and use RStudio Professional Drivers at no additional charge. These drivers include an ODBC connector for Apache Hive. RStudio delivers standards-based, supported, professional ODBC drivers. Use RStudio Professional Drivers when you run R or Shiny with your production systems. See the RStudio Professional Drivers for more information.
odbc package, in combination with a driver, provides
DBI support and an ODBC connection.
There are six settings needed to make a connection:
- Driver - See the Drivers section for setup information
- Server - The database server's IP address
- Port - Should be set to 5480
- Database - The name of the database to default to
- UID - The user's network ID or server local account
- PWD - The account's password
con <- DBI::dbConnect(odbc::odbc(), Driver = "[your driver's name]", Server = "[your server's path]", Port = "5480", Database = "[your database's name]", UID = rstudioapi::askForPassword("Database user"), PWD = rstudioapi::askForPassword("Database password") )